Monday, October 09, 2006

Still more Suns and misc stuff

I went to Corvallis to see the Oregon State/Washington State game on the 7th. While I don't have much interest in the game, my money went to Oregon State. Odd place - the fans stand nearly the whole game. BTW, Oregon State lost.

*

Thomas Fortenberry sent this

Two Thousand Six Hundred Souls

a song by Paul Hipp. Every one should listen to it.

He also wrote "Someone Please Save the World" which you can listen to on his MySpace.


I see trees of green
Burn in the west
Storms in the south
While the icecaps are a mess
And I think to myself
Someone please save the world


I see skies of grey
Ink marks of black
Left on scientific texts
By White House hacks
And I say to myself
Someone please save the world


The colors of pollution are so nasty in the sky
They're also in the cancer cells of people walking by
I see folks in high places saying global warming¹s crap
They may as well be saying
Earth is flat


I hear babies cry
As well they should
The planet they're inheriting
Might just be screwed for good
And I think to myself
Someone please save the world
Yes I say top myself
Someone please save the world
Yes I think to myself
Someone please save the world.

Email: decider.koo.koo.ka.choo@gmail.com

*

The Suns as promised:

Sun Blind, Highways

Headed east on the early morning run,
glare on the windshield speaks as if from God;
returning west in the late afternoon,
sharp glints map the way to my place in Hell.


Sun-up, To the Farm

Café invasion - a large family
on their way to the best jack-o-lantern –
french toast, biscuits and gravy, eggs over –
daughter’s trauma of whites not fully cooked.

*

Until next week. Please cool and remember you can make a difference if you help throw the villians out this November.

Smiles.

Gary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home