Sunday, July 02, 2006

Back with a promise

Why have a blog if it is not going to be kept up to date? So for my Mid-year resolution, I promise I will.

First on the agenda, please read www.mindfirerenew.com spring issue for works on war, peace and everything in between. A (very) special issue.

And the June/July issue of FireWeed is up with new work selected by Terrie Relf, Houdini and a war/peace supplemental.

2. go to http://operationpoem.blogspot.com/. The blog owner’s (Michelle Buchanan) goal is to post a memorial poem to each of the military killed during the Iraq war – 2615 as of the end of June. Please add yours.

3. The know nothings are at again.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/opinion/14941455.htm

Is Coulter in the library,
Limbaugh,
Mein Kampf?

Have they reviewed all the books in the series for accuracy. Egypt, Canada?

Sigh...

4. A poem

Journey with Rimbaud VIII – Benediction

the predatory power of the intestinal apparatus

Beware of medication that results
from a physician’s examination
-the cure may be worse than the bite.

Popping pills for a groin infection
(though unconfirmed) may have led
to acute, stressed hyper-defecation.

While on vacation at the beach,
twice I was in an extreme condition,
toilet needed to avoid unwanted warmth.

Then on the way to a southern destination,
I twice failed to ask we stop at a rest area
and let go before we reached a gas station.

There was a trucker’s shower at the Shell
which I used without any hesitation,
for the duration I prayed no one would notice.

You might think this severe situation
mostly the product of too much imagination,
but I assure you every word is the utmost truth.

Even my grandson picked up
that “Papa went in his pants.”

Mortification.

5. See you in a week.

Smiles.

Gary

3 Comments:

Blogger KL said...

Oh! Mr. B, bless your heart! Some vacation, eh?

I feel for you--
(((smile)))

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Gary, having had a similar experience - I really understand - and of course there is always a child around to "tell!" Last time was stuck in absurd traffic after a 4th of July foray downtown Oklahoma City! Now, I stay home and watch the neighbor's fireworks - close to the loo! My grown sons still talk about Mom peeing the car seat!! Sheeze. Joyce

8:03 PM  
Blogger Gary B said...

I got off the medication, but a 4 hour drive to Yakima tomorrow.

Smiles.

Gary

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home